Vietnamese Banh Mi Burger with Sriracha Mayo
Inspired by the Vietnamese banh mi sandwich, this burger features Asian inspired grilled patty, crisp Asian slaw, spicy Sriracha mayonnaise and fresh cilantro and mint to cool the heat.
Club House La Grille Asian Inspired BBQ Seasoning has been discontinued.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1 pkg (12 oz/340 g) shredded Asian slaw
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) thinly sliced jalapeño pepper (half-moon slices)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Thai Kitchen® Premium Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 lb (500 g) extra lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Club House La Grille Limited Edition Asian Inpired BBQ Seasoning
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh mint leaves
For the Asian Slaw, mix the first four ingredients in medium bowl until well blended. Let stand 30 minutes to blend flavours.
For the Sriracha Mayonnaise, mix mayonnaise and Sriracha in small bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Burgers, mix ground beef and seasonings until well blended. Shape into 4 patties. Grill over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160ºF/71°C). Toast rolls on the grill, open-side down, about 30 seconds.
Serve burgers on rolls topped with Asian Slaw, cilantro and mint. Serve with Sriracha Mayonnaise.
Substitution Tip: If shredded Asian slaw is unavailable, substitute 4 cups (1 L) shredded Napa cabbage and 1/2 cup (125 mL) each shredded carrots and thinly sliced celery. Or use shredded coleslaw.