OLD BAY Grilled Corn Pico de Gallo
Grilled corn, jalapeño pepper and the great taste of OLD BAY perk up the flavour of pico de gallo in this colourful DIY-bruschetta.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Makes: 24 (2 slice servings) servings
All You Need
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 1 1/4 tsp (6 mL) OLD BAY® Seasoning
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, husks and silk strands removed
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oil
- 2 loaves French bread (baguette), each cut into 24 (1/2-in/1.5 cm thick) slices
- 1 cup (250 mL) Mexican crema or sour cream
Mix butter and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the OLD BAY. Brush on corn. Spray jalapeño pepper with no stick cooking spray.
Grill corn and jalapeño pepper over medium-low heat 10 to 15 minutes or until corn is tender and jalapeño is charred, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
Cut corn kernels off cob. While wearing disposable gloves, remove most of the charred skin from the jalapeño. Remove stem and seeds then coarsely chop. Toss corn, jalapeño, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, oil and remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) OLD BAY in medium bowl. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
Grill bread slices over medium heat 1 minute per side or until grill marks appear. Serve with Mexican crema and pico de gallo.
Variation: Add 8 oz (250 g) lump crabmeat to the pico de gallo.