All You Need
- 1 pc (300 g) duck breast
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House La Grille Maple Bacon Seasoning, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked rice vermicelli
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) each julienne carrots, red onion and red peppers
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each sliced green onions, rice vinegar and soy sauce
- 2 tsps (10 mL) mirin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 8 pieces rice paper, 8-in (20 cm) round
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place duck in a medium bowl and add 1 tbsp (15 mL) seasoning and 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil. Mix well, cover and marinate for 20 minutes.
Grill duck to medium rare; chill thoroughly.
In a medium bowl, combine noodles, carrot, onions, peppers and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining vegetable oil, rice vinegar and 2 tsp (10 mL) seasoning. Add to noodles and cover for 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil and remaining seasoning; set aside to use as a dipping sauce.
Dip rice paper into warm water until soft, then place onto clean cutting board. Place ¼ cup (50 mL) of noodle mix into the centre. Slice duck breast very thin and place 3 slices on top of noodles.
Roll rice paper up starting from bottom, and fold in the sides. Repeat with remaining rice paper, noodle mixture and duck. Serve with dipping sauce.