All You Need
- HONEY SYRUP
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 4 McCormick Gourmet Whole Cloves
- Half lemon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Club House La Grille Maple Bacon Seasoning
- 2 oz (60 mL) bourbon or rye whiskey
- 1 oz (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz (30 mL) honey clove syrup
- Maple Syrup (optional)
Honey Syrup: Heat honey, water and cloves in small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until hot. Remove from heat and let cool.
Cut wedge from lemon and slide it around rim of cocktail glass. Dip into plate of maple bacon seasoning and fill with ice.
Combine bourbon, lemon juice and syrup in cocktail shaker. Fill with ice, cover and shake vigorously. Strain into prepared glass and garnish with lemon slice and splash of Maple syrup if desired.
Tip: Refrigerate syrup for up to 3 weeks in covered container.
Tip: Swap out whole cloves for allspice berries or whole peppercorns.