All You Need
- Half English cucumber, thinly sliced into coins
- Half fennel, thinly sliced, fronds reserved for garnish
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plain yogurt or low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped parsley
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each olive oil and white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Pepper, Coarse Cracked Black
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- Pinch Club House Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 large salmon fillet (600 g) or 4 salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, halved crosswise
Combine cucumber, fennel, yogurt, parsley, honey, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in large bowl. Toss and refrigerate, covered until cold.
Preheat barbecue to medium-high and oil grill. Mix rub, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil and cayenne in small bowl. Brush over salmon.
Cook salmon with lid closed, turning once just until opaque throughout and fish flakes easily when tested, about 10 minutes per 1-inch (2.5 cm) of thickness. Grill lemon halves until grill marks appear and skin is tender, 3-4 minutes.
To serve, place salmon on large platter, topping with salad and garnish with reserved fennel fronds and lemon.
Tip: Stir in crumbled feta cheese or goat cheese into cucumber fennel salad for a richer tangy finish.
Tip: Add fresh peas or edamame for a green bountiful salad.