Grilled Corn, Broccoli and Pepper Salad Medley
Let your barbecue become your veggie cooking guru as it creates a smoky charred quality and caramelized flavour into every tender-crisp bite.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Makes: 6 servings
All You Need
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Club House La Grille Roast Garlic and Peppers Wet Rub (optional)
- 4 ears of corn, husked
- Half head broccoli, cut into large florets with stems
- 8 mini peppers
- Half red onion, peeled and cut into thick rings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice or cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce (optional) or lime juice
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) each cilantro leaves and torn basil leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Club House La Grille Spicy Montreal Steak Spice
- 4 thickly sliced artisanal bread
Mix 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the oil with rub (if using) and brush on corn, broccoli, peppers and onion. Brush bread with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the remaining oil.
Preheat barbecue to medium-high and oil grill. Grill vegetables, turning until slightly charred and tender, 4-7 minutes. Grill bread, turning once until toasted and crisp, 1-2 minutes.
Cut corn in half crosswise and remove corn kernals. Chop broccoli, peppers and juices, onion and transfer to large bowl.
Add vinegar, fish sauce (if using) and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the remaining oil, tossing to combine. Stir in cilantro, basil and spice. Let stand to allow flavours to meld.
Tip: Tear up grilled bread and toss into corn salad mixture for a grilled Panzanella salad.
Tip: Spread ricotta or your preferred soft cheese over grilled bread and top with salad, serving remaining on side.
Tip: Toss in baby arugula and chopped vine ripe tomatoes for a dinner salad and serve with grilled bread sprinkled with Club House LaGrille Spicy Montreal Steak Spice.