All You Need
- 7 lb (3 1/2 kg) fresh chicken wings (about 80 pieces), tips removed, drumettes and flats separated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Mirin, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) Club House La Grille Asian Inspired BBQ Seasoning
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) toasted sesame seeds
Marinate chicken wings with ¼ cup (50 mL) Mirin, ¾ cup (175 mL) seasoning and vegetable oil for 2 hours.
Heat BBQ to high. Grill each chicken wing on both sides. Reduce heat to medium and grill 8 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Meanwhile, in a large pot, add honey, rice vinegar and remaining ¼ cup (50 mL) each seasoning and Mirin; bring to a simmer. Simmer glaze 1 minute and add toasted sesame seeds. Reserve.
Remove chicken wings from grill and place in large bowl. Add honey glaze and toss until well coated. Serve immediately