Coconut Water Chowder and Grilled Scallops
Dig into a bowl of this creamy chowder, loaded with veggies, hearty potatoes and seasoned grilled scallops, for a coastal experience.
Club House La Grille Asian Inspired BBQ Seasoning has been discontinued.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Makes: 9 servings
All You Need
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) each diced leek, celery, Spanish onions, carrot
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Club House La Grille Asian Inspired BBQ Seasoning
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 3 cups (750 mL) coconut water, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) each diced Yukon Gold potatoes and sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) corn starch
- 18 fresh sea scallops
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced green onions
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and sauté leek, celery, onions and carrot for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add 2 ½ tbsp (37.5 mL) seasoning and sauté 1 minute.
Add whipping cream and 2 ¾ cup (700 mL) coconut water; simmer 5 minutes.
Add diced potato and sweet potato to the soup and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
Dissolve corn starch with remaining ¼ cup (50 mL) coconut water and simmer until desired consistency.
Season scallops with remaining 1 ½ tbsp (22.5 mL) seasoning and vegetable oil. Grill scallop on both sides for 2 minutes
Pour chowder into a bowl; garnish each bowl with 3 grilled scallops and sliced green onions.
Chef’s Tips: Use 2 cans (400 mL each) Thai Kitchen Premium Coconut Milk in place of the coconut water and whipping cream. Use 1 lb (454 g) peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (21-25 count) in place of the scallops.