All You Need
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Club House LaGrille Montreal Steak Spice Wet Rub, divided
- 5 tsp (25 mL) olive oil, divided
- Half red onion, sliced into thick rings
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) refried beans, warmed
- 8 tostadas
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced cabbage
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
Marinate chicken with all but 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the rub marinade and 4 tsp (20 mL) of the oil in shallow dish for 30-60 minutes.
Remove chicken from marinade. Preheat barbecue to medium-high and oil grill.
Grill chicken, turning once, until no longer pink inside, 9-11 minutes. Brush onion with remaining 1 tsp (5 mL) oil and grill until tender, turning once, 3-4 minutes. Shred chicken with two forks in bowl and stir in remaining rub marinade and cilantro. Chop onions and add to bowl.
Spread some of the beans on tostada, top with chicken mixture, cabbage, radish, green onion and jalapeno.
Tip: Serve tostadas with a garnish buffet of diced tomatoes, tomatilla salsa, crumbled queso fresca, sour cream and Mexican hot sauce.
Tip: Stacked tostadas are a “thing of beauty’ and should not be discouraged. This is a hands-on, messy culinary adventure where large plates and endless napkins are key.