Cinnamon-Honey Hot Cross Buns
Hot cross buns perfect as a side dish and tea break. Make it presentable by putting a crisscross made of Cake Mate Sugar Sprinkles. Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 10-12 minutes Makes: 12 servings (Proofing: 1hour and 45 minutes)+ Add to My Flavour
Enter Cooking Mode
All You Need
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp (7.5 ml) active dry yeast
- ¼ cup (62.5 ml) warm water-110 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Billy Bee Liquid Honey
- ¼ cup (62.5 ml) milk
- ¼ cup (62.5 ml) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (62.5 ml) butter
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp (.63 ml) salt
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Club House Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ cup (62.5 ml) raisin
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cut dried apricot
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- Cake Mate Decors or Cake Mate Sugar Sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, combine the yeast, warm water and Billy Bee Liquid Honey.
- Another saucepan, heat the milk, add sugar and butter until it melts. Add 2 cups of flour, add the yeast mixture and egg.Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes and add the salt, Club House Ground Cinnamon, raisin, apricot and remaining flour.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead for 3-5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rise 1 hour, or until doubled.
- Punch dough, divide into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise till double (30-45 minutes).
- Make a crisscross slash across top of each bun. Brush rolls with egg white. Bake 350°F 10 minutes. Sprinkle with Cake Mate Decor.