Greek Stuff Pork Roast
If you don't have a large dinner crowd to feed, a stuffed pork loin roast is a nice change from ham or turkey and the Greek flavours are a nice nod to Greek Easter, which falls a week later. Pair this with some lemony oven roasted potatoes and a big salad.+ Add to My Flavour
All You Need
- 1kg (2 lb) pork loin roast, butterflied
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- cotton kitchen string
- olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced, seeded tomato
- 1 tsp Club House Lemon Pepper Grinder
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- 100g (approx 3/4 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 slice fresh bread buzzed into crumbs
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp California Style Lemon Pepper With Garlic Onion
- Club House Sea Salt Grinder
- Club House Black Peppercorn Grinder
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup port
- 1/2 cup chicken stock made from McCormick Chicken Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tbsp cold butter
- Heat olive oil in pan over med heat.
- Saute red onion & garlic for 5 minutes.Add tomato, lemon pepper & the spinach and stir til spinach wilts.
- Remove from heat,salt to taste.
- Let cool to room temp before adding feta and the bread crumbs.
- Spread stuffing over the butterflied loin and fold it back over like a book.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix the oregano and California Lemon Pepper w Garlic and Onion and rub that all over the top of the pork roast (fat side up).
- Tie it up with kitchen twine.
- Brown pork, fat side down, in oven proof skillet & put in oven.
- After 15 min, lower heat to 325, cook 45 more til 155F internal temp.
- Saute shallot in pan drippings, deglaze w port, add stock, simmer 10 min.
- Remove from heat, whisk in butter.