All You Need
- 2 lb butternut squash (about 2)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Liquid Honey 500 g - Beehive Billy Bee Honey for Passover
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) pine nuts, toasted lightly
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each: ground sage and cumin
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable stock
- 5 cups (1 1/5 L) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground roasted ginger
- 1/2 tsp each: salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Brush with 1 tbsp olive oil.
Place on baking sheet and roast for 35 to 45 minutes or until tender. Scoop out squash into bowl and set aside.
In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, add olive oil and onion, sauté for 3 minutes. Add squash and remaining ingredients except for pine nuts. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
Puree in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. To serve, garnish with pine nuts.