All You Need
- 2 lb brisket, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beef stock
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tomato paste and white vinegar
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) Club House Pickling Spice
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced onions
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Paprika
Place brisket in a roasting pan. Combine all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, mix well and pour over brisket. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Preheat oven to 325° F. Place brisket in oven and for 4 hours
When cool, thinly slice the brisket against the grain. It is very important to slice the brisket correctly. If the meat is not sliced against the grain, it will be tough.
Serving Suggestion: Make gravy with drippings from the meat. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt 4 tbsp (60 mL) margarine. Slowly stir in 4 tbsp (60 mL) potato starch. Stir constantly, 2-3 minutes, or until margarine just starts to darken. Slowly stir in 2 cups (500 mL) drippings. Continue stirring until gravy thickens. Simmer 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve slices of brisket with gravy.