All You Need
- 1 cup (250 mL) hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) McCormick Five Spice Seasoning
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) McCormick Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Korean hot pepper paste
- 2 tsp (10 mL) black vinegar
- 1 whole cooked BBQ duck, from local Asian market
- 1 pkg (113 g) pre-made duck pastry wrappers, steamed according to package directions
- 1 cup (250 mL) julienned cucumber and green onion
In a medium saucepot, combine the first 7 ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove skin from the duck and place into a parchment lined baking tray; bake in a 375°F (190°C) oven until the skin becomes crispy, about 15 minutes. Cool and julienne. Reserve.
Remove duck meat from bones and slice into fine strips. Reserve.
On each pastry wrapper spread ½ tbsp (7 mL) honey hoisin sauce, 3 slices of duck, 2 pieces cucumber, 3-4 pieces green onion and ½ tbsp (7 mL) finely julienned crispy duck skin.
Fold 1/3 of the wrapper in half to seal and close one end, continue to roll in cone shape leaving one end open. Continue until all meat and wrappers have been used.