All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) ground pork
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Club House Prepared Minced Garlic
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Liquid Honey 375 g Bear Billy Bee Honey, divided
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) finely chopped red onion, divided
- 1/2 tsp each: salt and Club House Ground Black Pepper, divided
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Thai red chili peppers, finely chopped
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
In a medium bowl, combine pork, garlic, 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey, 2 tbsp (30 mL) red onion and ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper. Mix well.
Form mixture into 4 equal patties and refrigerate until ready to use.
To make tomato jam, place remaining honey, red onion, salt, pepper, tomatoes, bell pepper, lime and chili peppers in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool.
Grill burgers to an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C). Serve on a bun, topped with tomato jam, sliced avocado and lettuce.