Honey Jalapeno Chicken with Tomato Olivada
It’s time to spice things up. To that end, we give you our Honey Jalapeno Chicken with Tomato Olivada – a little sweet, a little spicy and a whole lot of tasty goodness
- Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1/2 red jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped (about 1 tsp / 5 mL)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Billy Bee Liquid Honey divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb / 500 g)
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) minced red onion
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped green bell pepper
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- watercress sprigs, for garnish
In a blender, puree jalapeno with 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey and 1/8 tsp 0.5 mL) salt. Rub chicken with mixture; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
To prepare Tomato Olivada, in a small bowl, mix remaining 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey and 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt with tomato, onion, green pepper, olives, vinegar and olive oil.
Grill chicken over medium heat, cooking and turning until skin is browned and crisp and internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Discard any leftover marinade.
Serve Tomato Olivada alongside chicken and garnish with watercress sprigs.