All You Need
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Billy Bee Liquid Honey
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) Club House Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 can (418 g) salmon, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped green bell pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
In a small bowl, combine honey, ketchup, vinegar, horseradish, garlic, and red pepper flakes until well blended. Reserve half of sauce to use as a condiment.
In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients, except buns. Blend in 2 tbsp (30 mL) reserved sauce. Divide salmon mixture into 4 patties, ½ to ¾ inch thick.
Place patties on well-oiled grill, 4-6 inches from hot coals. Grill, turning 2 to 3 times and basting with sauce, until burgers are browned and heated through. Serve with reserved honey barbecue sauce and buns.