All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) fresh beets
- 1 cup (250 mL) each 1-in (2.5 cm) julienne cucumber and carrots
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped green onion
- 3 cups (750 mL) Kitchen Basics No Salt Added Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Liquid Honey 500 g - Beehive Billy Bee Honey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and Club House Ground Black Pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sour cream
Place beets in a large pot on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Cook about 30 minutes or until very tender. Strain beets. Cool slightly. Remove skin. Set aside to cool completely.
Julienne beets and place in a large bowl. Add all remaining ingredients, except sour cream; stir well.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Top with sour cream to garnish.
Chef’s Tip: Try using low-fat sour cream or low fat plain yogurt instead of sour cream.