All You Need
- 1 lb (500 g) strawberries, washed, dried, hulled and sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Billy Bee Honey
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- Pinch Club House Ground Cloves or Club House Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Club House Pure Vanilla Extract
Combine strawberries, honey, water, lemon juice and clove in a medium pot over medium heat. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until strawberries soften and break down, about 10 minutes.
Stir in vanilla. Let cool completely; transfer to jars. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Tip: Serve over pancakes, crepes, waffles, ice cream, scones and cheesecake or blend with natural yogurt.
Tip: Frozen strawberries are a great substitute during winter months.
Tip: For a smoother sauce, use an immersion blender and pass through a fine strainer.