All You Need
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Billy Bee Honey, divided
- 12 fresh figs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) prosciutto, thinly sliced (12 pieces)
- Club House Ground Black Pepper, to taste
In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, add balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Let cool.
Carefully cut figs in half vertically. Using a small spoon, scoop out approximately a ½ tsp (2 mL) of fig from the centre of each half.
In a small bowl, combine cheese and remaining honey. Stir until smooth.
Fill each fig with 2 tsp (10 mL) of cheese mixture. Wrap each fig with 1 slice of prosciutto.
Place filled figs on a medium-high grill and cook until cheese begins to melt. Place onto a serving dish and drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.
Chef’s Tip: Try using brie, goat cheese or your favourite soft cheese to replace the gorgonzola.