Honey Citrus Shrimp
Bright citrus, sweet honey and Caribbean-inspired spices lends an island vibe to these tender shrimp. Serve alongside rice and beans, corn on the cob or a cabbage slaw for a meal to evoke warmer weather.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Makes: 4 servings
All You Need
- 1 pkg (454 g) shrimp (16-20 count), peeled with tails on
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) 375 g Bee Billy Bee Honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each: lime and lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each: lemon and lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each: minced fresh garlic and ginger
- 1/4 tbsp (1 mL) each Club House Cayenne Pepper and Club House Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each Club House Ground Coriander and salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
In a medium bowl, combine shrimp with all ingredients except oil and cilantro, cover and refrigerate for 5 minutes.
In a large frying pan on medium-high heat, add oil and cook shrimp for 1 minute on each side.
Add remaining liquid from bowl and cook for 2 more minutes, until shrimp is pink and sauce is thickened to a glaze.
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.