Canadian blogger Listen to Lena shares her sweet tricks for a perfectly decadent dessert.
September is a month of fresh starts, and fresh flavours. From new seasons to new school years, there’s no better time for quick and easy tips that will help make the transition to a busier time of year much smoother. That’s why we’re looking at simple ways to add sweetness to some of our favourite recipes this month with the natural taste of honey.
Enjoying dessert on busy weeknights can be tough, but we love treating ourselves to something sweet after a nice meal! Canadian blogger Listen to Lena puts a sweet spin on classic strawberry tarts with her Strawberry, Honey and Mascarpone Tartlets – ready in only 30 minutes! The sweetness of honey and strawberries combined with the smoothness of mascarpone makes for the perfect solution quick and easy desserts. Bonus: you can make these on a Sunday, and enjoy throughout the week!
Follow Listen to Lena’s recipe and check out her blog here.
- 12 frozen tartlets, thawed
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Billy Bee honey, plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 5-6 ripe strawberries, sliced
- lightly toasted coconut, for garnish (if desired)
- Bake tartlets according to manufacturer’s directions; cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix mascarpone, heavy cream and honey.
- Spoon approximately 1½ tablespoons of the mixture into cooled tartlet and top with a slice of strawberry.
- Drizzle with Billy Bee honey and sprinkle toasted coconut, if desired.