National Honey Month is one we take seriously and we’re celebrating with sweet recipes!
Preparing for back-to-school means shifting back into a meal plan. September is all about easy, everyday meals that make after school snacking and dinner that much more of a smooth transition. This month we’re making sure these recipes are as sweet as ever with help from Canadian lifestyle blogger Fiesty, Frugal and Fabulous.
Bring delicious honey to the grill with Savoury Asian BBQ Chicken Thighs. Early fall offers slightly cooler evening that are perfect for grilling! The entire family will love this Asian-inspired recipe that offers the option to boost up the spice level if you’re looking for some heat.
Follow Fiesty Frugal and Fabulous’ recipe and check out her blog here.
- 8-16 boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup vinegar (rice vinegar is best for this recipe, but I've used white wine or basic vinegar as well)
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 5 Tbsp Billy Bee liquid honey
- 3 Tbsp Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Chopped green onion or chives
- Whisk together the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, honey, sauce and minced garlic in a bowl. Set aside for an hour or more if possible.
- Trim fat from chicken thighs and grill.
- In the last few minutes of grilling, baste both sides of the chicken well with the sauce.
- Plate and top with chopped chives or green onions (optional).
Because you're not marinating in the sauce, you will have plenty for brushing on the chicken towards the end of grilling. That's why this recipe can accommodate 8-16 or more chicken thighs. If you like a spicier sauce, consider adding some Thai chillies (a little goes a long way) or even some red pepper flakes.