Canadian blogger, My Organized Chaos, helps us shift to autumn with seasonal carrots accentuated by honey glaze.
As we transition into the chillier months of the year, we’re also shifting the way we cook as we look forward to fall. Cooking seasonal produce is always a great way to keep local fruits and veggies in the house. This September we’re looking at new ways to sweeten up recipes with the natural ingredients of honey.
Carrots are a root vegetable that is the perfect side for many meals, from everyday cooking to Thanksgiving dinner. Canadian lifestyle blogger, My Organized Chaos, puts her spin on Sweet September with Honey Glazed Carrots. The sweetness of honey combined with aromatic spices complements the richness of carrots and makes for the perfect addition to most fall meals.
Follow My Organized Chaos’ recipe and check out her blog here.
- 1 2lb bag of carrots, peeled and cut into desired size
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 3 tbsp Billy Bee honey
- 2 tsp dill, fresh or dried
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Boil carrots in a pot until el dente and drain the water
- Reducing stove heat to medium
- Add all the ingredients to the almost cooked carrots and gently toss to combine
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes